Basic Academic Qualification
- A pass in the Final Year, IIUM Centre for Foundation Studies, with CGPA of 3.50 or higher and fulfilling all the other requirements for promotion to the first year of a degree programme at IIUM; OR
- Three good principal passes in the STPM (Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia; Advanced Level) examination obtained at one sitting, which should include General Paper, Biology and at least one of any of the following papers: Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics; OR
- Any other qualifications that are recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above.
* Those who pass the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with the required grades must apply through Unit Pusat Universiti (UPU). Only those applicants who put IIUM as their first choice may be considered for admission into the IIUM Medical Matriculation Program.
** International students with suitable grades can apply to the Dean, Admission and Records Division (A&R) in IIUM main campus, Gombak. Intake of new students is in September (starting session 2011/2012). Applicants should submit their applications at least 3 months earlier and completed their TOEFL prior to arriving in Malaysia.
English is the primary medium of instruction for the MBBS program. Proficiency in English must be demonstrated through IIUM’s English Placement Test (EPT) where students are required to achieve a minimum score of 6.0 in all the four language skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Alternatively, students have to obtain a minimum score of 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Band 6.0 of the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) (Academic) with a minimum Band of 5.5 for each of the skills: Writing, Reading, Listening & Speaking (WRLS).
Students are required to sit and pass both the English Placement Test (EPT) and Arabic Language Placement Test (APT) at matriculation level.
Sound health and satisfactory performance in an interview and test conducted by the Admissions Board if a candidate’s suitability to a program needs to be determined.
Students must have:
- A recognised undergraduate medical degree (MBBS or its equivalent); OR
- A Bachelor of Science with Honours with a First Class or Second Class Upper grade in an appropriate subject from an accredited institution of higher learning or its equivalent; OR
- Other relevant basic degrees that are able to fulfill the specific Kulliyyah/Department/Programme requirements, such as BDS or BVM from an accredited institution of higher learning
- As far as possible, BSc holders are advised to choose a MMedSc programme in the same discipline as their bachelor degree
Applicants are required to present
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 550; OR
- An International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) minimum score of 6.0; OR
- The IIUM administered English Placement Test (EPT) minimum score of 6.0