- The core knowledge areas that are necessary for the understanding of the Master of Arts in Arabic Literary Studies programme are:  Principles of Arabic Grammar,  Theory of Literature,  Islamization of Linguistics and Literary Studies,  Language and Computer,  Research Methodology in Linguistics,  Modern Linguistics, and  Syntactic Studies.
- A full time programme normally requires 2 years (4 semesters) and the part time programme 3 years (6 semesters).
- The methodology used in the programme includes lectures, discourses, coursework, examinations, presentations, article and book reviews, consultations, researches, as well as dissertation/thesis. Field studies and surveys are also required wherever applicable.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree with good grade from IIUM or any other accredited institutions of higher learning, or other certificates that are recognized as equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional qualifications and experience that are recognized by the Senate of the University.
- Applicants are required to obtain the following Arabic and English proficiency levels:
Minimum score on IIUM's
Arabic Placement Test (APT)
|Minimum TOEFL / IELTS|
Paper based: 550
IELTS - Band 6
Note: Students are required to provide evidence of English proficiency by submitting their proficiency certificates before the beginning of the programme. If they fail to do so, they will be required to sit for the IIUM-administered English Placement Test (EPT).Courses